Project - Timeline
Casino has been conducting baseline environmental and geotechnical engineering work on the proposed mine site since 2008, as well as numerous environmental, social and economic studies. Past and anticipated, projected milestones include:
|Time||Casino Project Milestones|
|2007||Environmental baseline studies initiated.|
|2008||Initial pre-feasibility study completed.|
|2010||Pre-feasibility study updated.|
|2007-12||$35 million invested.|
|2008-13||– Environmental studies conducted.
– Mineral resource evaluation completed.
– Freegold road extension assessment completed.
– Regular meetings held with regulators, Yukon Environment Socio-economic Assessment Board (YESAB) executive committee, Yukon government departments.
– Continuing meetings held with First Nation governments and communities.
|2013||– Bankable feasibility study completed.
– Casino Project proposal YESAB submission completed.
– $8 million invested.
|2014||YESAB assessment of Casino Mine Project proposal commences|
|2015||– YESAB assessment continues
– Ongoing environmental studies
|2016||Referral to Panel Review – highest level of assessment in Yukon|
|2017-2018||Environmental and Socio-economic Statement Preparation|
|2019 onwards||– YESAB Panel Review
– Quartz Mining License pocess
– Yukon Water Board process
– Detailed engineering
– Project financing
|+ 2 years||Start mine production – gold heap leach operation.|
|+ 4 years||Start mine production – milling operation.|
The Casino project needs to undergo environmental assessment review to by the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board (YESAB) and permitting and licensing by the Yukon Government and Yukon Water Board. Once approvals are received, the mine will take about four years to construct. The total capital expenditures for the project are estimated at $2.5 billion.