About Us - Our Team
Senior Environmental Manager
The Casino Project is being advanced by an experienced management team, led by company President and CEO Paul West-Sells; Vice-President, Engineering Cameron Brown; and Senior Environmental Manager Mary Mioska.
Support for communities and the establishment of strong partnerships are core principles of Casino and the company is proud to operate with a conscientious and measured approach that reflects the values of Yukoners.
Casino’s project team has been selected to provide the best available engineering and science to prepare the project for a successful environmental and socio-economic assessment, licensing, and permitting process that will allow the project to proceed to construction and operation.
The project team is tasked with designing the project so that the protection of the environment is ensured, while providing substantial economic and social benefits to Yukon.
The lead consultant for the environmental and geotechnical work is Knight Piésold Ltd. Other key consulting teams supporting Casino include:
- Associated Engineering (Freegold Road extension engineering)
- BergerABAM (power supply)
- Casselman Geological (exploration and site management)
- Ecofor and Altamira Consulting Ltd. (heritage and archaeology studies)
- Environmental Dynamics Inc. (terrestrial ecosystems)
- Hemmera (socio-economic studies, First Nation and community engagement)
- Lorax Envrionmental Services Ltd.(geochemistry)
- M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. (feasibility studies)
- Palmer Environmental Consulting Group Inc. (air, water, and aquatic studies)